Friday 14 September 2012

MAC Julie Verhoeven All Over Brush Set


I was really excited when one of our larger MAC stores got in some of the Illustrated collection (quite surprising the stand alone stores did not get these in). They did not receive the full collection, but I did manage to scoop up one of the Julie Verhoeven All Over Brush sets. I think Nordtstrom's had these exclusively for their anniversary sale and then by some miracle we seemed to have gotten them?

There are a number of reasons why I was thrilled with my purchase. The box itself is a collector's piece. Beautiful grained paper with the beautiful Picasso-esque design emblazoned on it. I am still considering what I can use it for as I loathe to throw it away. The brushes are encased in a canvas case which has the same bright modern print on it. It is a perfect size to pop into your bag for travel. It is held closed by a blue tie. The inside is bright and bold. There is a brush protector flap to protect this concise, well-edited collection of brushes. 
There are 5 brushes, perfect for achieving the perfect eye and check. The other brush set was for the face , but I am loving my Real Techniques brushes for buffing in my foundation - or fingers for on-the-go perfection. The brushes in the set are:
129E - For powder or blush
219E - Large fluff brush
224SE - Tapered blending brush (also good for applying creamy concealer under the eye)
227SE - Pencil brush
266SE - Flat angled brush



This might be old news for some, but for those where it has just recently been launched go check it out.
This versatile brush set is useful and fun all rolled into a colourful makeup roll.



No comments:

Post a Comment