Tuesday 2 October 2012

My Vampy Lip - Tom Ford Black Orchid

So every once in awhile I like to channel my inner goth. With this season's hot vamp lip I went on the hunt for the perfect colour. Let me say it now that we do not get Tom Ford beauty in my country (ˆsobˆ) but at least we get his lipsticks. A small pleasure I know........I did not have too look to far as Black orchid really ticks every box when it comes to this trend.




This ultra luxurious lip stick is creamy, long-wearing and with a soft sheen . The colour intensity is phenomonal. This type of colour relies on it being dense as the look is sexy, dark, intense and romantic all rolled into one.





It is hard to describe such colours. It is almost like a blackened raspberry. What is also great about Black Orchid, is that it is very versatile. You can give one swipe and then blot it with a tissue for a stain effect. I wore it with full on drama. I achieved full intensity by applying and blotting a number of times, until my lips were vamped to an inch of their life! I wore this lip with Giorgio Armani eyes to Kill # 4 worked softly on the eye and MAC smoulder eye kohl worked into the upper and lower lash lines with more colour build-up on the outer corners.I then finished off with Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Excess mascara in Black.  I opted for no cheek colour, just my new Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion makeup (reviewed here) for a flawless complexion.

Tom Ford Lip colours are expensive, but in term of their wear, texture and packaging you cannot go wrong. Black Orchid is no exception. My lips felt moisturised and colour payoff is beautiful.
So if you are also searching for the perfect goth lip, look no further as Black Orchid is dark and dangerous.
Locally, Tom Ford lipsticks are available exclusively @ Stuttafords.

Have you found your vamp lip? I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment