Saturday 6 October 2012

All my love for Burberry- Burberry Lip Mist in Field Rose




Burberry was really not on my radar, when it initially came out. Even when I visited London in April, I rushed past the Burberry counter with just a cursory glance. I could kick myself now, as I finally had a good look at the brand when there was not a Burberry counter in site. I hastily made plans for visiting family to play courier and bring me my first mini Burberry haul - a Lip mist , a Light Glow Natural Blush and one precious Sheer Luminius pressed powder for eyes in Rosewood. Burberry is a hit! Today I will review the Burberry Lip Mist in Field Rose # 213 which was part of the Iconic Nude Collection, but will also be part of their permanent lineup. A lot has been written about the gorgeous packaging. Well let me tell you it is all true - a Burberry check mirrored case with magnetic closure - elegant, chic, very Burberry.



The lipstick also has the Burberry pattern etched onto the sides. The case also doubles as a mini mirror for quick application. The lipstick is extremely hydrating and feather-like to wear as it is packed with moisturizing ingredients including Wild Rose extract which helps protect your lips too. 
This Lip Mist is described as giving a subtle hint of colour while adding sheer luminosity. This is a spot on description. While Field Rose on the surface may seem like a 'blah' nude colour, it really has dimension and your lips appear draped in a soft luminous beige pink with subtle irradescence. It is a perfect everyday shade that is girly and sophisticated.


                                          

These Lip Mists will not be know for there wear time, but that is not a pre-requisite for sheer lipsticks in my opinion (mabye for stains, reds and matte textures). But since I love applying this balm-like lip colour I do not mind that it does not linger. They are similar the the Chanel Coco Shines in texture, but his beauty wins by a hair.

                                 

Burberry have recently launched their Lip Velvet Longwear Lipstick that after trying these few Burberry products, I am sure are sublime - I cannot wait to try them, especially Fuschia Pink (#309).

I would love to hear what your favourite Burberry products are?

No comments:

Post a Comment