Saturday 20 October 2012

Hourglass Opaque Rouge in Edition

Hourglass is a quirky brand out of Venice, C.A. This brand is aimed at the high-end customer and is proud to boast its products are:- paraben free, cruelty free and has minimal fragrance in them.
I has seen their cute concession at Liberty in London, but as mentioned before I had other beauty items on my must-have list. They have a few hero products such as their Veil Mineral Primer and No'28 Primer Serm. These are on my list for another time. Today I will be reviewing their new Opaque Rouge. As we know matte, long wearing products are right on trend with all major brands throwing their hat into the ring. Most brands have made their matte lip in a lipstick form. Hourglass has done their matte lip as a liquid in a traditional gloss packaging. Both YSL (Pur Couture  Vernis A' Le'vres Glossy stain)  and Guerlain (Rouge G'L Extrait) have also gone this route.


The packing is different from your run of the mill offering. It is shorter than your typical gloss, but perfect to pop into you handbag. It has a victorian feel to it, with an antiqued rose gold trim. The doe foot applicator feel a tad flimsy to me, so a delicate hand is needed when applying it. These matte products tend to be trickier to use, and more high maintenance their a glossy sheer lipstick.


Freshly applied

The formula is pleasant to apply with no scent. It never really dries down and a tackiness remains. It wore better on slightly moisturized lips, but still made my lips look dry and lines accentuated. I tried to layer this product, but this only caused flaking overtime. The colour I love- Edition is a bright coral pink with micro gold reflects and goes well on my skin tone and would suit many. The reflects are only apparent once the product dries down. This wore longer on my arm as a swatch than on my lips.  After a meal it wore off quite a bit.



I am keen try try more Hourglass poducts. I think I will try other brands before purchasing another Opaque Rouge. I bought Opaque Rouge in Edition from Zuneta and the whole range is available.

I would love to hear about your favourite Hourglass products?

No comments:

Post a Comment