Saturday 12 January 2013

Chantecaille HD Perfecting Powder

Chantecaille, while a classically French brand, really pushes the boundaries when creating new products. They launched their HD Perfecting Powder fairly recently. While High Definition products are not a new phenomena (Make Up Forever most notably), Chantecaille's HD perfecting powder really delivers on giving us a product that gives us that airbrushed perfection.


I was looking for a pressed translucent powder for setting my makeup and for portable touch-ups during the day. Since I was a fan of their Protection Naturelle powder I thought I would give this a try. This powder is housed in a feather-light, gunmetal mirrored compact that is sleek, elegant and artful. The powder is finely milled and goes on initially with a whitish cast which soon disappears. I am not sure how this would work on dark complexions and I suggest testing this before purchasing. I apply it with my large Real Techniques Powder Brush. At first, my skin is ultra matte, but this become more satin finish with bit of time. This paraben-free powder does have Inchi seed oil and Brazilian Pepper-tree seed oil for hydration. This powder has not settled into any fine lines and smooths over any visible pores. I have oil skin and this wears pretty well on my skin, with touch ups only here and there. This is a lovely product that is a welcome addition to my powder collection.

What are your go to powders for a perfect finish?





No comments:

Post a Comment