Friday 8 February 2013

By Kilian - Love ..... Don't be shy

By Kilian definitely forms part of the upper echelon of world fragrances. His collection of fragrances are all distinct from one another and are classed as either feminine, masculine and unisex, but these rules are often broken. From citrusy to heavy spice, there is something for everyone. I could not resist buying his indulgently feminine fragrance : Love.... don't be shy. His inspiration for Love was the marshmallow! I sent my mother on a quest to procure this exotic treasure for me. At the time, I did not realise that it came housed in the most beautiful box, exquisitely crafted to cradle your precious elixir (as this perfume is an investment). A tasseled key keeps it safe.
The bottle is heavy glass with intricate scrolling down the sides. A silver plaque discreetly displays the perfumes name. What I love is that this bottle is refillable at a more reasonable price ( and therefore kinder to the environment.)



The notes found in this perfume are (this is a list of most of them- seems to be a few that are not listed):
  • Top Note - Neroli, Bergamot
  • Middle Notes - Honeysuckle. Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Sambac Jasmine Iris, Black Pepper
  • Base Notes -  Caramelized Sugar, Vanilla and Musk
"The devouring passion of an orange blossom
powdered by glazed sugar" - Kilian
This fragrance is sweet and warm. It shows restraint, by never becoming cloying. The name is therefore very apt as the scent is almost innocent but the caramel and vanilla that form part of the base notes make this perfume more rich and layered. I am absolutely loving this perfume. It wears long and only a light spray is needed. I never like to be doused in my fragrance- I only want hints of it, like a soft mist, that u catch on a breeze.


So if you are looking to spoil someone special this Valentines day or just yourself, By Kilian is the perfect  indulgence.


Which gourmand fragrances do you love?







Hi Friends. I would appreciate it if you could refrain fron including self- promoting links in your comments, as I then have to mark them as spam. I love to hear from you, but can only publish comments that adhere to the above. I am really forward to hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment