Friday 2 August 2013

Cle De Peau Concealer in Beige : Concealer Series III

Cle De Peau is a uber-luxury brand (is that a word?) Elusive, expensive and Japanese with a cult following....... This is when I knew I had to try it. I had family visiting the U.S, so my lust turned into reality. The Cle de Peau concealer is number 3 in my concealer series. As I have become older the need to conceal my under eye area has grown, so or course the search for the holy grail concealer becomes even more urgent. The Cle De Peau concealer has hefty price tag of $70, but with a reputation to match. Limited to only 4 shades I bought Beige sight unseen.



This is a stick concealer, housed in a discreet black tube. No wastage and good for travel. It is highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. The stick should last a long time, so the price is amortised over time . Application works well by swiping a small amount under the eyes or dabbing a finger onto the bullet. The warmth of your fingers help give the product slip and meld well to the skin. A brush can be used, but fingers garner better results for me. With all concealers make sure the under eye area is hydrated well, for the product to wear best over your skin. So use your finger and gently work it into the under eye area. The shade beige is quite a neutral shade and lighter than my skin tone, but thankfully blends in nicely without that dreaded owl effect (think big eyes with bigger brighter circles around them). As long as I have prepped well it does not settle into laughter lines or have any patchiness throughout the day. It has good longevity on my oily skin. It has good coverage and conceals my dark circles. It is lighter than my skin, so I do not use it for concealing blemishes on my face.



I think this concealer deserves an A+





Hi Friends. I would appreciate it if you could refrain fron including self- promoting links in your comments, as I then have to mark them as spam. I love to hear from you, but can only publish comments that adhere to the above. I am really forward to hearing from you all!

2 comments:

  1. Great concealer. I love that super smooth texture and the fact that it lasts so well. Even though the price is so high, one little tube lasts a long time. I'm going into my second year with my one tube!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so glad u love it too- hardly a dent in the few months I've had it- hardworking for sure, now all they need to add is a smidge of anti-aging properties to make it an extra special multitasker!

      Delete