Friday 3 January 2014

Best of the Best 2013

Happy New Year to my fellow makeup lovers! 2013 is now over and 2014 has presented itself in all its sunny glory . I have really loved all the discoveries I have made in 2013 in both skincare and makeup. It is quite impossible to narrow choices down, but I have made an attempt to mention my most loved and often used products.

The best cleanser:
  • Eve Lom Cleanser
My favourite eye treatment:
  • Skinceuticals A.G.E Eye Complex
The best innovation of 2013:
  • Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheers
The best creative product of 2013:
  • Shu Uemura x Takashi Black Parallel Palette
The best tinted moisturiser:
  • Chantecaille Just Skin
The best sheer foundation
  • Giorgio Armani Maestro fusion makeup/ Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup
The best medium founadation
  • Giorgio Armani Luminous Sheer Foundation
The Best primer:
  • Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
My favourite eyeshadows of 2013:
  • Tom Ford
  • Suqqu
  • Charlotte Tilbury
  • Shu Uemura.............and Addiction by Ayako - My favourite makeup category!
The best cream cheek colour:
  • Chanel Le Blush Creme De Chanel
The best Bronzer :
  • Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Days
The best illuminating Powder:
  • Guerlain Crazy 68 meteorite illuminating compact
The best powder blush:
  • Burberry
  • Tom Ford
The best highlighter  :
  • Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow Duo
The best body cream :
  • Kiehl's creme de corps soy milk & honey whipped body butter
The best makeup remover:
  • Bioderma
The best skin treatment product
  • Dr Perricone Formula 15
The best moisturizer :
  • Dr Perricone Deep Moisture Therapy
The best contour product:
  • Tom Ford shade and illuminate
My favourite hair care products:
  • Kerastase Bain Force Architecte
The best pencil eyeliners:
  • Tom Ford Eye Defining Pencil / Charlotte Tilbury Rock 'N Kohl
The Best Liquid Liner 
  • Charlotte Tilbury The Feline Flick
My favourite mascara:
  • Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Excess
My favourite under eye concealer:
  • Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher
  • Runner up - By Terry Touche Expert Advanced / Cle De Peau
The best sheer lipstick :
  • YSL Volupte Shine Lipstick
  • Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited
The best matte lipstick :
  • Nars Satin Lip Pencils
The best creamy lipstick:
  • Tom Ford
  • Suqqu Bright Up

I was just on our annual family holiday to captivating New York!  So I have been out of the loop for a bit. While in New York I have made some wonderful discoveries of new, as well as good old (damn) fine products that I will share with you as the new year unfolds. I have shared with you some non-beauty related picture of this spellbinding metropolis.






xx
Makeupremastered


4 comments:

  1. Oh I love your list, I can't agree more to the best eye shadow formulas. I am guessing you means 2013 though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sara - Happy New year to you - yes I did mean 2013:) -all sorted now! I must have been in momentary time warp!! I think we both have a weakness for really good eyeshadows........these were the most droolworthy!

      Delete
  2. Wow wow that's a wonderful list...soooooo many amazing products there!!! So happy you had a great NYC trip...HAPPY new year!!!! xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gummy - Happy New Year - I hope it has started well for you! NYC was so much fun - we were lucky to miss the BIG chill:)
      xoxo

      Delete